Blog Post By: Terri Monserrat, Communications & Outreach Coordinator
Wamer weather means busier trails! Follow our trail etiquette tips to make sure everyone feels welcome on the D&L Trail!
- Share the trail! Yeild to the right, pass on the left.
- Communicate with other trail users. Shout “on your left” to let them know you are approaching when passing from behind.
- Biking or walking four wide across the trail prevents other trail users from passing you. Be courteous and move to the right side to allow others to pass you and your group.
- Yeild for the passage of official maintenance vehicles from the D&L and the trail landowners.
- Standing still? Stand aside! Move to the side of the trail when you stop for any reason.
- Ride your bike at safe speeds.
- Be alert! If you are wearing headphones, keep the volume at a level that allows you to be aware of your surroundings.
- Adhere to rules posted on signs at trailhead and along the trail. You can also check the D&L website to learn the rules for each trailhead before you head out.