Do you take lots of photos along the D&L Trail? Did you snap a great shot of Hank and George at the National Canal Museum? Submit up to five of your favorite photos taken in the Corridor for your chance to win the 2017 D&L Shutter Madness Photo Tournament! Please complete one form for each photo.
You can find the tournament rules and online entrance form below. The top 16 photos from each category (the categories are: Bucks County, Lehigh and Northampton Counties, Carbon County, and Luzerne County) will be entered in a bracket-style Facebook tournament. You can find tournament schedule below. Download your bracket here to follow along!
We are no longer accepting entries. The deadline to enter the tournament was March 3. The tournament schedule can be found below and voting will take place on the D&L’s Facebook page.
- Eligibility – The contest is open to any amateur or professional photographer. Any photo taken in the Corridor at any date is eligible for the competition.
- Locale – All photographs must be taken within the Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor which includes the Bucks, Northampton, Lehigh, Carbon, and Luzerne Counties. A map of the Corridor can be found at www.delawareandlehigh.org.
- Deadline – All entries must be received by 4:30 pm on March 3, 2017.
- Multiple Entries – A maximum of 5 entries per photographer is allowed. Please complete one online form for each photo and complete all fields on the form. Forms with incomplete fields will be disqualified.
- Model Release – Photos containing recognizable people must be accompanied by a model release form signed by the subject and a parent or legal guardian, if the subject is under 18 years of age. The model release form is available here.
- Judging – The D&L panel of judges will choose the top 16 photos in each category to be entered into the D&L Shutter Madness Tournament. Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, photographic quality, and effectiveness in conveying the beauty and/or unique character of the Corridor. The D&L Shutter Madness tournament will be conducted on Facebook and one vote is equal to one “Like.” All “Likes” must be on photos posted to the “Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor” Facebook page. The winners of each round will move on to the next round. Please see below for the schedule of when each round will be posted to Facebook. The categories are Bucks County, Lehigh and Northampton Counties, Carbon County, Luzerne County.
March 14: The Bucks County category will be posted to Facebook.
March 15: The Lehigh and Northampton Counties category will be posted to Facebook.
March 16: The Carbon County category will be posted to Facebook.
March 17: The Luzerne County category will be posted to Facebook.
March 21: The Bucks County, and Lehigh and Northampton Counties categories will be posted to Facebook.
March 22: The Carbon County and Luzerne County categories will be posted to Facebook.
March 28: All categories will be posted to Facebook.
March 30: All categories will be posted to Facebook.
April 4: All categories will be posted to Facebook.
April 6: The final two photos face off on Facebook.
- Winning Photo Announcement and Prize – The tournament winner will be announced on April 6, 2017. The winner will receive a D&L 1 Year Family or Individual Membership and their choice of two of the following four options: A) Two tickets to a “Conversations on the Canal” Dinner Cruise of their choice. B) One entrance into the D&L Heritage Half Marathon Run/Walk. C) Four tickets to Haunted Hugh Moore Park on a date of their choice. D) Four tickets to the National Canal Museum on a date of their choice.
- Photographer’s Rights – Each photographer will retain all rights to any photograph submitted – including ownership if applicable – other than those rights listed in the next sentence. By entering the contest, each photographer hereby grants to the Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor (i) a nonexclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display, and publicly perform the photographs submitted to the Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor, (ii) the right to use the photographer’s name, city and state of residence in promotions and other publications, and (iii) the right to use the photographs for promotional and fundraising campaigns (with photo attribution).
Questions? Please contact: Terri Monserrat, Communications & Outreach Coordinator