We aim to make the D&L accessible, beautiful, and pleasant for you, whether you’re a runner, biker, walker, or hiker. But what if you have four legs, a tail, and lots of fur?
This photo contest is in honor of all the dogs who enjoy the D&L Trail just as much as their owners do! To enter, submit a photo of your pooch anywhere along the D&L Corridor – like running alongside your bike, going for a dip in the canal, or chasing tennis balls. Submit up to two photos of your pup in the Corridor for your chance to win the 2017 Dogs of the D&L Photo Contest! Please complete one form for each photo.
The contest rules and online entrance form are below.
The submission period for photos ended on September 15. Now, photos have been posted to our Facebook page and the contest has begun. It will end on September 29.
- Eligibility – The contest is open to any amateur or professional photographer. Any dog photo taken in the Corridor at any date is eligible for the competition.
- Locale – All photographs must be taken within the Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor. This includes the Bucks, Northampton, Lehigh, Carbon, and Luzerne Counties. A map of the Corridor can be found at delawareandlehigh.org/map/.
- Deadline – All entries must be received by 5:00 pm on September 15, 2017.
- Multiple Entries – A maximum of 2 entries per photographer is allowed. Please complete one online form for each photo and complete all fields on the form. Forms with incomplete fields will be disqualified.
- Model Release – Photos containing recognizable people must be accompanied by a model release form signed by the subject and a parent or legal guardian, if the subject is under 18 years of age. The model release form can be submitted along with the entrance form.
- Judging – The Dogs of the D&L Photo Contest will be judged by all of you! After all submissions are entered, a photo album will be created on our Facebook page. On September 16, these albums will go live on our Facebook page, and “judging” will begin. The contest will be based on how many times each photo is “shared.” Anyone can share their favorite photo(s) depending on their personal criteria – quality, creativity, cuteness of the dog, etc. One “share” = one vote. Feel free to like and comment – but only the number of shares determines the winners. The Dogs of the D&L Photo Contest lasts until September 29 at 5:00 p.m., when we will determine which picture has the most shares. There will only be one overall winner – whoever amasses the most overall shares.
- Winning Photo Announcement and Prize – The contest winner will be announced on October 2, 2017. The winner will receive a D&L 1 Year Family or Individual Membership and their choice of two of the following four options: A) Two tickets to a “Conversations on the Canal” Dinner Cruise in October. B) One entrance into the D&L Heritage Half Marathon Run/Walk. C) Four tickets to Haunted Hugh Moore Park on a date of their choice. D) Four tickets to the National Canal Museum on a date of their choice in October.
- Photographer’s Rights – Each photographer will retain all rights to any photograph submitted – including ownership if applicable – other than those rights listed in the next sentence. By entering the contest, each photographer hereby grants to the Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor (i) a nonexclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display, and publicly perform the photographs submitted to the Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor, (ii) the right to use the photographer’s name, city and state of residence in promotions and other publications, and (iii) the right to use the photographs for promotional and fundraising campaigns (with photo attribution).
Questions? Please contact: Danielle Wolfrum at [email protected].