Post by: Elissa Garofalo, D&L President/Executive Director
“D&L” means different things to different people.
There are many different ways find your special place in the Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor and there are many places where you can experience 165 miles of inspiring connections. The D&L is also a diverse organization that connects you to nature, the environment, community and economic impact, health and recreation, history, preservation and education.
- For history enthusiasts, the D&L brings our heritage to life at the National Canal Museum and aboard the Josiah White II.
- Educators look to the D&L for a creative curriculum to engage 4th and 5th graders through Tales of Towpath.
- To associates in local government, the D&L is a high priority that brings home the positive power of regional, state and federal partners.
- Bicyclists, runners and walkers find their D&L along a multi-use
trail that spans from the mountains of northeast Pennsylvania, along rivers and through the Lehigh Valley and Bucks County
- Among concerned friends and neighbors who live along the Delaware Canal, the D&L is the convener that brings seemingly disparate interests together to create a sustainable vision for an iconic National Historic Landmark.
- On main streets, the D&L provides valuable insights that help reveal customer preferences.
- Regional health providers know the D&L has increased the level of physical activity in communities located along the Trail.
Let us know how you Find Your D&L with #findyourDL on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.