Join the D&L Ambassador Program as a Supervolunteer
D&L Ambassadors are an extension of our D&L staff who can lead projects, speak out in the community about our mission, and help us enhance and protect the treasures of the D&L Trail and Corridor region. Individuals interested in the 2020 Ambassador Training Program can apply online, now through February 16.
What is the Ambassador Program?
- The D&L Ambassador Program is a training program for individuals who are looking to increase their involvement with the Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor and D&L Trail and take on even greater responsibilities in new roles as volunteers.
- Ambassadors are experts on the organization and use their knowledge and skills to represent the Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor as well as dedicate time to the mission and values of the organization.
- The Ambassador Program is perfect for those interested in joining a D&L Board or Committee, or helping to lead one of our events. In addition, Ambassadors have the opportunity to help out at special events beyond the usual volunteer opportunities.
Goals of the D&L Ambassador Program:
- Provide volunteers with the training and information necessary to help them decide how they want to be involved with the Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor.
- Provide an ongoing supply of volunteers who are trained and willing to take on leadership responsibilities.
- Give volunteers a chance to learn more about how Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor is run and take on a greater role in the process.
Application Process for the D&L Ambassador Program
- All volunteers are eligible to fill out an application using the 2020 D&L Ambassador Application OR request a paper copy from the Volunteer Department.
- Applications must be submitted by February 16, 2020.
- Applications will be reviewed and applicants will be notified of their acceptance to the program by February 20th.
- There will be 5-15 volunteers accepted into the 2019 session of the Ambassador Program. This will be an ongoing training program, so if you are not able to participate in the 2020 session, please still let us know of your interest!