Walk or bike on the D&L Trail frequently? Do your friends ask you about trail conditions? Have a favorite section of trail that you know like the back of your hand? If you answered yes to any of these questions then you should join the D&L Trail Patrol!
This is a volunteer program that you do on our own time and serve as an ambassador on the trail helping keep it safe for thousands of trail users. There are two levels that you can participate:
- Informal: Report issues on the D&L Trail using social media and the #DLTrailPatrol . No time commitments or training needed.
- Formal: Volunteers attend a training and commit to patrolling the trail at least twice a month April through October. Volunteers record and report their patrols on the online form. D&L provides supplies and volunteer rewards.
Informal Trail Patrol Instructions
If you are out on the trail and see something good (great trail conditions, nice amenities, etc) or bad (down tree blocking trail, vandalism, damaged trail, etc) we want to know about it. Here are the three easy steps to do this.
- Take a video or photo of the situation.
- Tag the D&L, include the #DLTrailPatrol , a description, and a location (trail section, mile marker, or GPS)
- Post it to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Formal Trail Patrol
If you want to join the formal program, please contact the D&L Trail Programs Manager. Volunteers attend an in person training where they learn about the trail, how to help trail users, and what to report. Volunteers promise to patrol at least twice a month, April through October. Volunteers receive supplies to help trail users and fill out the online form to record their reports. This is a fun and easy way to help us monitor the 140+ miles of D&L Trail.
Online Trail Patrol form – Password required to sign in.