Trails Mean Business
Trails and trail users are the economic engine that run the outdoor recreation economy. Bikers, walkers, runners, and paddlers are potential customers that bring money to local towns and businesses. In Pennsylvania, outdoor recreation generates $29.1 billion in annual consumer spending, 251,000 direct jobs and $1.9 billion in state and local taxes. The D&L Trail is part of this success producing over $19 million in total economic impact.
Help the D&L and other businesses track how trails and trail users impact local businesses. By collecting data on businesses we can share best practices and demonstrate that trails are a great investment. All data is confidential and will be aggregated to show total impacts.
D&L Trail Friendly Business
Trail users need more then just trails. They want restaurants to eat at, fun places to get drinks, and cool shops to buy local items. Visitors and residents want places where they can play and stay. It is important that businesses create a welcoming atmosphere that caters to trail users needs. The D&L created our D&L Trail Friendly Business program to connect our hundreds of thousands trail users to businesses. The D&L helps businesses with information about trail users, important amenities, and ways to create a trail friendly atmosphere. Businesses that apply and are approved receive the following benefits:
- Promotion package and information about trail users.
- Free decal to display on store identifying business as a D&L Trail Friendly Business.
- Approval to use D&L Trail Friendly Business logo on your website, promotional, or marketing materials.
- Listed on the delawareandlehigh.org trail business webpage with name, website, phone number.
- Inclusion in the D&L Trail Friendly Business list and press release distributed to statewide and regional media outlets each year.
- D&L social media post announcing your designation as a D&L Trail Friendly Business.
- At least one yearly feature in our D&L weekly E-blast newsletter.
- If your business is located in a D&L Trail Town and can be featured on a Trail Town Amenity Map, the business gets a special map icon highlighting you as a D&L Trail Friendly Business.
For complete information on the D&L Trail Friendly Business program read the full description or contact the Trail Programs Manager at 610-92303548 ext. 234.
Click here for the online application.