Trail users want more than trails! Having different amenities along the D&L Trail, in town, or at trailheads goes a long way to create a trail friendly atmosphere and increase the popularity of the trail.
D&L Trail Town Amenity Projects
The DLNHC is offering small incentive project funding for amenities that benefit trail users. For trail users to fully enjoy and use trails there are other related infrastructure that are critically important. While not every landowner, section, or trailhead can have everything, making the efforts to provide the trail related amenities that people want greatly enhances your trail friendly atmosphere and encourages more people to visit trails. Make sure to focus on amenities that follow universal design principles and are accessible for all users. Below is a list of the most popular trail amenities:
- Amenity must be installed along the D&L Trail or at a nearby D&L trailhead.
- Project timelines should be completed including closeout report by December 1. Individual project closeout dates will be set by project specifics and reflect DLNHC funding deadlines.
- Can be used to purchase a new amenity or repair an existing amenity.
- Amenity must follow universal design criteria and be ADA compliant.
- Funding request can be used on cash costs that can include materials, labor, salaries, rentals, contracts, or other cash costs that can be documented. No in-kind services or volunteer hours can count towards match.
- Maximum funding reimbursement amount varies based on source of matching funds:
- If you have a match source of DCNR or federal, maximum request is $2,500 and requires a 50/50 match. For example if you request $1,000 in funding reimbursement the total project cost must be at least $2,000.
- If you have a third party match (not DCNR or federal), the maximum request is $5,000 and requires a 66.6/33.3 match. For example if you request $1,000 in funding reimbursement the total project cost must be at least $1,515.
- Funding is available as reimbursement after the project is installed and online closeout completed.
- You are responsible for installing and maintaining the amenity.
- You are required to do a media announcement thanking the DLNHC and funders.
- Priority is given to landowners that actively participate in the D&L Trail Ownership Council and current D&L Trail Friendly Business members.
If you have any questions about the project grant or want to discuss your ideas for an amenity, contact the Economic Development Manager via email or call 610-923-3548 ext229.
For the amenity funding application below we recommend:
- Call or email the program manager to review your ideas before you apply.
- Fill out all answers to the application on a document that you can save in case of a technology problem. Here is a Word Doc you can use.
- Fill out the project planning budget spreadsheet to outline the costs with the proposed project.
- Copy and paste everything into the application below. There is a save and continue button at the bottom if you run into trouble.
- Your application is submitted if you get the Thank You page and an email confirmation copy.
- If you have a problem call the program coordinator for help.
Amenity Project Funding Application
D&L Trail Town Amenity Projects. The D&L is offering small incentive project funding for amenities that benefit trail users. For trail users to fully enjoy and use trails there are other related infrastructure that are critically important.
Please complete this form and accompanying word document along with a projected project budget.