Trail Events and Programming
Events are a great way to introduce new people to trails, increase excitement for local resources, promote healthy lifestyles, and encourage tourism. Hosting an event that uses a trail is a great way to create a trail friendly atmosphere in your community for both residents and visitors.
D&L Trail Town Event Projects
The D&L is offering small incentive reimbursement funding to trail events that promote local economic development, improve community health, diversify trail funding, and/or enhance resource conservation and stewardship. We want to support events that get people out on trails and showcase what an important resource they are. New events are especially encouraged, but reoccurring events are also eligible for funding.
- Event must take place on a trail. Any type of trail is acceptable (hiking, multi-use, biking, or water trail).
- Event must take place in either Luzerne, Carbon, Lehigh, Northampton, and/or Bucks County.
- Grant request maximum of $2,000. Requires a dollar for dollar (50/50) cash match.
- Cash costs can include materials, labor, salaries, rentals, contracts, or other cash costs that can be documented. No in-kind services or volunteer hours can count towards match.
- Event must be open for anyone to participate. Can be a free or paid event.
- Priority is given to events that use the D&L Trail.
- Priority is given to landowners that actively participate in the D&L Trail Ownership Council and current D&L Trail Friendly Business members.
- Priority is given to new events or events that are adding a new aspect because of this funding.
- You are required to do a media announcement thanking the D&L and funders.
If you have any questions about the project reimbursement grant or want to discuss your event, contact the Program Coordinator via email or call 610-923-3548.
For the grant application below we recommend:
- Call or email the program coordinator to review your ideas before you apply.
- Fill out all answers to the application on a document that you can save in case of a technology problem. Here is a Word Doc you can use.
- Fill out the project planning budget spreadsheet to outline the costs with the proposed project.
- Copy and paste everything into the application below. There is a save and continue button at the bottom if you run into trouble.
- Your application is submitted if you get the thank you page and an email confirmation copy.
- If you have a problem call the program coordinator for help.
Event Project Funding Application
Trail Towns Event Projects